Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

Tried to post this las night and could not get an internet connection. The thoughts are the same a day later.

To all our followers, friends and family an early Happy Thanksgiving.
Being it will be Thanksgiving in the USA in a few hours, I would like to list a few of the things I am thankful for.
Firstly, I am thankful we are out of Peru. Although Peru has some of the friendliest folk I have anywhere, I felt our lives were in constant danger from the traffic and animals/people on the roads. One could never let their guard down. Chile is a much more relaxed riding environment and we expect Argentina to be likewise.
I am thankful the Lord has provided me with the health and means to pursue such off-the-wall challenges.
I am thankful the Lord has sufficient Grace to Save a wayward sinner such as myself.
I am thankful for all m y friends around the world.
I am particularly thankful for my wife allowing me to leave home for such a long stretch of time through the middle of the winter. Angie, I love you!
I am thankful for my extended family that supports me in my wild pursuits even though they surely do not understand why I do such.
Every time I travel in the third world, I realize how fortunate I am to live in a country where we have freedom of thought and freedom of movement. If you live in such a country and it does not have to be the USA, you should also be thankful.
I am particularly thankful for our military families around the world who serve their countries with honor, regardless of the current regime and its current thinking whatever that may be. It is always the bane of the soldier to salute the flag and say “Yes Sir.”
Around the dinner table tomorrow, take time and remember the things you are thankful for.
Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment