Saturday, October 9, 2010

Underway






Roger and I met west of B'ham. A 120 mile ride for me and bit further for Roger. From there we rode to Amite, LA where we spent the night with JC and Alice Blades. JC is one of our riding buddies and who went to Alaska with us in 2004. JC is the cook supreme (he does the cooking for us on our trips together. For the night JC BBQed some spare ribs which measured up to his high standard.


For the day Roger rode 520 miles and I had 427.


Here we are ready to depart JC's for Corpus Christi. It was one long day as we rode through downtown Houston which was onsumed by a traffic jam. We arrived in Corpus as the sun was setting. We rode 563 miles on this leg and I pray this will be the last of the legs of this length. If not I'm gonna need a butt transplant. Sure makes a difference when one has not done the long distance conditioning. At dinner I told Roger that was a long day on a KLR. My longest to this point. Both of us admitted we were beat down a bit.
One more photo of the sun setting on us at the Navy Air Station - Corpus Christi.

Tomorrow we intend to cross in Mexico at Brownsville/Matamoros.


Gary







No comments:

Post a Comment